Active as of October 14, 2014
Machined Parts Inspector
1st or 2nd Shift
Pay = up to $22 per hour
Performs mechanical inspection of machined parts and completed precision assemblies to determine precise conformance to specifications, tolerance and workmanship standards by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and uses inspection tooling and gages to verify conformance to advanced blue prints and specifications.
- Completes and processes all documentation required for acceptance purposes and verifies associated data for receiving inspection, first article inspection (full dimensional analysis), in-process inspection and line clearance.
- Measures angular dimensions, radii, contours, clearances, thread lead, and other specifications from blueprints and inspection plans.
- Tests assemblies for fit of moving parts and mechanical functioning.
- Measures surface finish of part.
- Operates non-contact and coordinate measuring machines with available programs.
- Prepares reports regarding inspection and testing results.
- Reports quality deficiencies to Inspector responsible for organizing MRB.
- Processes NCR’s resulting from MRB.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. At least five years machined parts inspection experience in close tolerance manufacturing environment required. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Working knowledge of shop math. Knowledgeable in fundamentals of plane/solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to quality situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be proficient in the use of precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, depth gages, gage blocks, height gages, comparators, toolmakers microscopes, Smart Scopes, CMM’s, blade micrometers, etc. Must be able to read, interpret and analyze complex blue prints and specifications. Must be expert in G.D.& T. and trigonometry.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com