Active as of 09/05/2019
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP POSITION
Santa Clarita’s Hometown Station, FM 98.1 & AM-1220 KHTS, has a job opening for a Sports Intern.
The fall sports season represents the busiest and most exciting time of the year in Santa Clarita Valley, with nearly 60 high school girls and boys sports teams competing in football, volleyball, tennis, golf and water polo, as well as College of the Canyons football, soccer and The Master’s College soccer.
Here are some of the job responsibilities of our sports interns:
Cover Sporting Events and Games
- Availability on game days/nights (Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays) to report live, take game notes, deliver post-game interviews with players or coaches and uncover interesting storylines
- Runner – you may be needed at different locations throughout a Fridaynight broadcast. Transfer and handling of equipment.
Write Sports Articles
- A growing part of every media company is their website. From time to time our sports interns will be asked to write feature stories such as athlete profiles and game recaps for KHTS Sports at com
Learn About How Things Work
- Broadcasting is tough work, and a lot of details go in to making the broadcast run smoothly. Learn about how everything works from the studio to the field or court.
- Ideal for people curious about radio broadcasting
Job Requirements: To succeed in our sports internship, candidates should possess the following:
- Passion for sports reporting
- Ability to communicate with a clear “voice”, both on-air and in print
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively and efficiently
This is an unpaid internship, with the possibility of expanding into paid work. If you’re interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and an example of your writing or a brief paragraph about your relationship to sports (playing, coaching, reporting, watching) No phone calls, please. Candidates that we think might be a good fit will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in FM 98.1 & AM-1220 KHTS!
This listing is part of the Santa Clarita Virtual Job Fair. This 24 hours a day fair for those seeking Santa Clarita jobs contains listings of jobs available in Santa Clarita and surrounding areas. The Santa Clarita Job Fair is also a major sponsor of the College of the Canyons Job and Career Fair, running several times a year at the College of the Canyons Valencia and Canyon Country Campuses. For more information or to submit a job listing, please contact KHTS Radio at (661) 298-1220 or email email@example.com.
KHTS Radio – Sports Intern 2019
Sports / Hometown Station / hometownstation.com / KHTS / KHTS Radio / Santa Clarita / Santa Clarita Sports / Santa Clarita Radio Station