Active as of May 23, 2014
The Client Management Associate (CMA) is the inside member of an integrated sales team who works in partnership with field sales personnel to sell all Client products, while coordinating financial coverage benefits to our clients.
In this role, the CMA will spend a significant amount of time on the phone fostering strong relationships with new patients, healthcare providers, insurance companies and sales representatives. In addition to acting as the primary inside customer contact, the CMA will also be responsible for working with field sales representatives to manage required documentation and guiding patients, physicians, and therapists through the process of obtaining our therapies.
The CMA understands the company’s vision and mission linked to direct application of methods and plans to accomplish the sales strategy.
The CMA implements company strategies and may function as a team lead to accomplish objectives. This is an entry level inside sales position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the first point of contact for patients to capture, record, maintain and update customer activities and call results into the Client information system on a daily basis. Projects a professional company image through phone interaction.
- Interacts with other department members, payer sources, referral sources, and management on resolution to identified topics.
- Prepares and/or obtains appropriate documents associated with each patient order. Serves as the primary point of contact to capture, record, maintain and update customer activities (both prospective patients and healthcare providers).
- Pursues assigned sales opportunities as generated through numerous marketing channels, partnering with field personnel to achieve revenue quotas. Including, but not limited to; alternative funding sources, facility referrals, print advertisements, website inquiries, phone calls and e-mails.
- Builds relationships with patients and healthcare providers to facilitate document collection. Secures recorded information including, but is not limited to; customer contact details, securing a prior authorization, sales staging, customer potential outcomes and follow up.
- Processes and manages all insurance activities, including pre-authorization and verification, document procurement related to each assigned account.
- Interfaces with patients demonstrating knowledge of healthcare regulations, product related necessities, product usage, coverage guidelines, benefits, and service information. Communication records will be accurately maintained, understandable and recorded upon receipt of information.
- Maintains current product knowledge, operation of the products, benefits of therapies, including new products or product changes, changes in the acquisition process and financial terms. Maintains the ability to fluently explain the possible benefits received by using our technologies to a non-technical audience.
- Identifies requests for services are complete within the scope of necessity and services as indicated by the healthcare professionals. This may include building the orders.
- Works within a defined level of authority to obtain verification of insurance benefits for patients to provide potential patients with Client solutions, products, and pricing.
- Ensures the accuracy of current customer demographics, relating to coverage, credit holds, billing issues, prior services, or prior vendors.
- Interfaces with insurance carriers, patients, and healthcare professionals in resolving conflicts and/or the completion of information.
- Responsible for obtaining, communicating and demonstrating knowledge of all related information needed to complete the documents retrieved. This may include, but not limited to; payment assignment, insurance verification and eligibility, doctor/referral information, and coverage guidelines.
- Identifies delivery and/or referral issues; providing documentation regarding department issues relating to refusal of services, delivery disputes or referral complaints to support team assigned.
- May perform other duties directed by management not outlined in this description.
Accountabilities (define measurable standards)
- Meets key performance indicators for sales productivity as defined by management daily, monthly or quarterly as needed to meet overall company objectives.
- Ensures quality order assignment and compliance to order accuracy. Pending or incomplete orders should not exceed a 10 day hold from the date of intent. Based on measurable rolls assigned. Communicates with client on status of order at least once every two weeks while attempting insurance processes.
- Timely follow up on new or potential referrals/leads. Minimum of 3 phone attempts should be made within a two week period for orders received and not confirmed for delivery, as a final attempt a contact letter is sent after the third call attempt prior to closing the referral.
- Order accuracy and compliance should be maintained at a 95% accuracy rate. Based on the average daily referral follow up of 25 effectively completed tasks.
- Bi-Monthly – collects, analyzes and reports data regarding customer issues to the Field Sales Representatives on a bi-monthly basis.
- Sets shipment/order processing expectations and secures shipment within 24 hours of shipping approval has been made to patients and healthcare providers.
- Works independently utilizing corporate resources to generate and secure revenue to support department quotas.
- Daily tracking and reporting of referral activity, call reports and communicating status to assigned sales representative and department lead.
- Maintains a constant flow of phone call activity. To ensure a minimum of 3 rings or no missed calls, and a minimum of one call holding time of no more than 1 minute as a response time.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years experience in a sales/inside sales, preferably medical device.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Healthcare billing knowledge a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills and customer service skills required.
- Presents written information in a clear, concise and grammatically correct manner.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a team orientated environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience and demonstrated success working in a high paced, goal driven, and results orientated environment.
- Strong organizational skills, self managed, and goal oriented.
- Time management skills critical to success.
- Easily identifies reasons for problems, decision making skills, with effective solutions.
- Strong and effective consultative selling skills, using effective negotiating abilities.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com