Active as of April 22, 2014
The NPI Operations Supervisor reports directly to NPI Operations manager. He/she is responsible for the execution of product planning in accordance with the NPI Industrialization process.
The NPI Operations Supervisor will plan, direct and supervise team members’ activities. Areas of responsibility include team member support, productivity and product quality within the manufacturing work environment. Individual will also prepare work schedules, assigns work and oversees that the work produced meets or exceeds customers’ delivery requirements. Chosen candidate will also ensure that team members conform to established procedures, work instructions and quality levels and will participate in personnel actions and oversee most daily operations of the group.
The NPI Operations Supervisor coordinates activities within site Operations to insure compliance with customer requirements including on time delivery of prototype hardware, and adherence to process and quality requirements.
Successful candidate will: (essential duties and responsibilities):
- Responsible for managing product deliverables to the customer during development and initial production including communicating status via line of balance reports.
- Ensure export compliance with company policies including ITAR/EAR regulations.
- Hands-on management style working with the customer, engineering, contracts, program managements, operations, supply chain, quality, trade compliance, and sales.
- Conduct regular review meetings with project teams (IPT).
- Maintain and utilize department communication boards. Maintain visual displays of work group activity and goals.
- Assist in make-up of schedule; Direct and guide the dispatching and schedule execution.
- Conduct team meetings with all direct reports reviewing safety and productivity goals.
- Improve workplace 6S through daily observations and improvements
- Attend and participate in daily NPI Focus Factory meetings.
- Enforce company rules and regulations, Ensure compliance with PPE and safety procedures. Correct behavioral or conditional risks immediately. Investigate and write up accident reports.
- Track Labor and Optimize use of straight and overtime hours.
- Ensure workforce is trained properly in all aspects of proper machining and inspection techniques to ensure product meets product print specifications.
- Ensure workforce is utilized in meeting customer demand in a timely fashion with emphasis on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity set forth in meeting plant goals.
- Maintain and look for ways to improve machine operations within the machine shop to eliminate any downstream issues.
- Work with product engineering on any product issues that pertain to the form, fit or function of a product.
- Work with the quality department to ensure the proper gages and inspection plans are in place for adequate quality monitoring of product.
- Coordinate new product and process implementation into manufacturing and support Lean events as needed.
- Support and enforce company policies and procedures as written.
Education and/or experience:
- A 4 years University degree in engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 10-15 years in machining, manufacturing and project management; ideally in major Aerospace and Military production manufacturing. Experience with fluid management systems preferred.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills including formulating partnerships with customers, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Strong skills in multi-tasking, prioritizing multiple deliverables, and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Detail oriented and highly organized; excellent follow-up and problem solving skills.
- Project a very professional demeanor and attitude at all times.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency.
- MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook) and database management tools proficiency required.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com