Active as of April 22, 2014
As a Materials Manager, you will manage the planning group as well as logistics, shipping / receiving and stores to ensure cost, quality and delivery targets are met. Provide leadership of the group to drive optimal inventory utilization, customer satisfaction of delivery and quality and effective processes to meet the needs of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Primary responsibility is the management of the planning group establishing planning and stocking strategies to meet the needs of the business including a “plan for every part”.
- Lead and manage the demand process including MRP utilization, forecasting policies and planning techniques.
- Drive inventory optimization by implementing best practices while satisfying customer demands and business targets – includes WIP / E&O reduction and FG strategies
- Ensure policy deployment objectives for material inventory utilization and on-time delivery are satisfied.
- Provide appropriate material availability to meet customer demands and revenue targets.
- Responsible for managing the site monthly SIOP process
- Establish and maintain MPS and finished goods inventory policies
- Develop CRP tools and techniques
- Create standard work for planning functions by product line
- Establish Skills Matrix & Performance Metrics
- Responsible for metric reporting and site BSC entries – arrears, customer OTD, inventory, etc.
- The position reports to the Site Operations Director.
- Manages staff as necessary.
- Works directly with planning, purchasing, quality and manufacturing functional areas.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university; or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience within procurement, production control, inventory management and supplier development.
- Fluent with ERP systems specifically materials management functionality.
- A basic knowledge of military and commercial aerospace specifications and standards preferred.
- APICS membership/participation encouraged.
- Strong knowledge of Lean practices including VMI and kanban inventory programs
- Regularly interacts with teams on matters concerning several functional areas. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without negatively effecting day-to-day operations.
- Proven ability to embrace and implement new and varied material management approaches.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com