This Job Listing has Expired
Monday-Friday, 1st Shift
$11-12 per hour DOE
Long Term Temp
To receive, store, distribute, issue, maintain and deliver all materials, parts, products and equipment to designated areas, customers and departments. Perform cycle counts. To verify and document all assigned outbound materials and shipments. Also prepares items for shipping by verifying quantity, quality, labeling and addressing of the parts and/or products. Also assist in the documentation and packaging of all in-process parts for the manufacturing departments scheduled by shop floor control. Insure the shipping from and/or to Aquafine meets all departmental policies and procedures.
Nature and Scope:
This position works with sales, engineering, manufacturing and purchasing to meet required schedules. Compile records and information on materials, parts and kit orders. Read production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required. Organize and pull kits for delivery to the appropriate manufacturing department. Pulls, packages and ships spares. Assist in receiving, receiving inspection, inventorying, handling packaging and shipping of all Aquafine products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Open crates and other type containers and record amounts of materials or items received or distributed. Examine materials received, verify part numbers, and check discrepancies such as damaged or unmarked parts, materials or products.
- Clearly mark materials, parts, or products with the correct identifying information.
- Weigh or count items for distribution within plant and enter items into the computer inventory program. Perform cycle counts. Sort and place materials or parts on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined location. Compare pick list specifications to material used at workstations to verify proper location.
- Pull & process work orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or move orders to packaging stations or shipping dock. Transport stored items from warehouse to manufacturing departments or pick up items from several locations for final manufacturing or shipping.
- Prepare parcels for shipping, and maintain inventory records as required.
- Assists with processing of validated lamps including burn-in, taking appropriate readings during test, packaging lamps, & preparing the Certificate of Conformance.
- Enter MTR’s and Pick list on computer system (DataWorks). Close Pick lists, etc. as required by Warehouse Supervisor.
- May act as back-up driver on an “as needed” basis and assist or cross-train and perform packaging spares and units for shipment.
- Responsible for the validated lamp process including burning-in, taking appropriate readings during test, packaging the lamps and preparing the certificate of conformance.
- Prepares lamp and quartz supplies for shipment in accordance with product shipping schedule. Ensures that the lamps and quartz are packaged to reduce the possibility of damage during shipping.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Affixes shipping labels on all packages and packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information.
- Assembles appropriate wooden or cardboard containers or selects the proper pre-assembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers. Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal banding.
- Makes wooden crates for shipping parts to customer requirements.
- Post weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor.
- Variations of the above duties may be required depending on conditions of company and department business.
- The following are the minimum qualifications that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Two years related experience in a manufacturing environment that includes receiving, shipping, counting inventory and reading computer reports.
- Certified forklift license required or the ability to pass a forklift training class and maintain certification.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license with a good driving record.
- APICS experience preferred (Fundamentals of Inventory Control)
- Experience in using computers for inventorying, receiving, shipping and traffic.
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds. Prolonged standing may be necessary.
- Experience using measuring instruments as required.
- In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds. Prolonged standing necessary.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, read and write clearly in order to communicate with other employees and/or customers; manual dexterity required for reaching and lifting objects not exceeding federal and/or state laws.
- The factory is properly lighted and ventilated. The noise levels meet federal and state guidelines.
- Special eye protection, earplugs, and other equipment are supplied if you enter an area that exceeds federal and/or state guidelines. The company furnishes all the necessary equipment including back brace.
Note: This organization reserves the right to revise or change job requirements as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com