This Job Listing has Expired
Monday-Friday, 1st Shift
Pay = DOE
Temp to Hire
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works collaboratively with all employees to reduce lead time, reduce cost and increase productivity through the evaluation, recommendation and execution of process improvements by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Project Engineering to develop the design for manufacturing/assembly of products to meet customer specifications.
- Participates in design reviews from concept to post-launch on all development jobs to ensure designs are optimized for future production.
- Assists Project Engineers to design fixturing, tooling and equipment necessary for the development of products and processes.
- Assists with product development and oversees the transition of development projects to repeat manufacturing.
- Assists Project Engineering and Quality with the initial launch and validation of new products and processes.
- Creates drawings and specifications required to manufacture new or existing products.
- Creates and/or processes Change Requests/Change Orders, process routers, drawings, inspection plans and other written documentation to support product development and repeat manufacturing.
- Participates on the Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) team to conduct root cause failure analysis and recommends corrective action.
- Evaluates and executes recommendations from the RCCA team.
- Ensures cost targets, quality and on-time delivery commitments are met.
- Provides cost data, methods and processing time estimates needed to complete customer quotations.
- Gathers data to evaluate current work processes in order to determine the flow of work, time requirements, costs, and duration to develop benchmarks of current processes and methods.
- Continuously researches new technologies and processes that will improve manufacturing, reduce cost and develops recommendations within the return on investment parameters.
- Applies various industrial engineering problem solving and productivity techniques to evaluate the improvement (in terms of lead time reduction and reduced costs) of recommended strategies and programs.
- Assists others in continuous process improvements, including the use of various problem solving and productivity techniques such as process mapping and takt time reduction.
Education and/or Experience:
A B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering or the equivalent is required. At least five years directly related manufacturing engineering experience in a continuous improvement environment is required.
Must be proficient with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex drawings and documents for machined parts and assemblies.
Must be able to write manufacturing outlines (routers), draw blueprints on a CAD system, and tolerance drawings as to ensure the fit to multiple mating parts to ensure manufacturability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, feel and talk or hear the employee frequently is required to stand. The employee will be required to work with machinery, hand tools, fixtures, and measuring/test equipment. Some tasks require repetition of movement.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Handling of some chemicals and solvents required.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org