KHTS AM 1220, Santa Clarita Radio
Santa Clarita’s Hometown Station, AM-1220 KHTS, has a job opening for a Sales Intern. Unpaid.
Sales teams are the backbone of a radio station’s profitability. Here at KHTS, they sell ad space on-air and on hometownstation.com. But that’s not all- because the sales staff at KHTS are Account Executives, in charge of coming up with creative commercials and advertising campaigns for their clients. This position is not for the shy types, but for those who love people!
KHTS is now hiring for an Account Executive who can do all of the following:
- This involves doing research and finding out what a particular company’s needs are. Then, the Account Executive designs and pitches a proposal to the client that can help their business.
- Account Executives will often take the lead in writing the commercial and laying out the ads. Sales and marketing go hand-in-hand and a good Account Executive will come up with something catchy, unique and to the point. Sales in itself is a large career field and can lead to many different and fun careers.
- Account Executives rely on commission for their income, meaning that they get a percentage of each marketing campaign they sell. This can add up to big bucks, and best of all there’s no limit; the more accounts they sell, the more money they make.
Work a Flexible Schedule
- Account Executives usually plan their day around meetings with clients, which means that their schedules are flexible. This can be a great attribute when a salesperson has children or needs to otherwise plan their day around events.
Get Out of the Office
- With so many meetings each day, Account Executives get to travel, so they aren’t cooped up behind a desk all day.
If you’re interested in a career as a KHTS Account Executive, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please. Thanks for your interest in your hometown station!
Santa Clarita’s Hometown Station, AM-1220 KHTS, has a job opening for a News Intern.
One of the reasons KHTS AM-1220 is so valuable to our local community is because of the news coverage we provide to Santa Clarita. Unlike other mediums, KHTS can report breaking news live on the air, and is well-known for its emergency coverage, like the Buckweed Fire in 2007 and the Northridge earthquake in 1994.
Here are some of the job responsibilities of our news interns:
Cover Breaking News
- There’s no such thing as a normal day for a news intern. If a fire breaks out or deputies make a big arrest, you stop what you’re doing and head to the scene.
Report on Events
- Many times event organizers will invite the press to sporting events, concerts, plays and gala dinners. Our reporters have gone up in a WW-II airplane, covered the Oscars and been on the field at Dodger Stadium.
Go On-Air Every Day
- Like every media establishment, KHTS has deadlines. Our reporters are challenged to get as much information on-air as they can by their deadline. This involves writing special radio scripts and doing live on-air reports.
Write News Articles
- A growing part of every media company is their website. At KHTS, our news interns also write articles everyday for www.hometownstation.com.
Learn About How Things Work
- Many news interns love their job because it allows them to learn about almost everything. Ideal for curious people, a reporter’s job is to get to the bottom of big issues and translate the facts for the general public.
To succeed in our news internship, candidates should possess the following:
- Past experience working in an environment with daily deadlines
- Ability to communicate with a clear “voice”, both on-air and in print
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively and efficiently
This is an unpaid internship, with the possibility of expanding into paid work. If you’re interested, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and 3-5 examples of your past work. No phone calls, please. Candidates that we think might be a good fit will be contacted. Thanks for your interested in AM-1220 KHTS!
Graphic Design Intern
Santa Clarita’s Hometown Station, AM-1220 KHTS, has a job opening for a Graphic Design Intern.