Active as of April 22, 2014
CNC Mill Set-Up Operator Specialist – Mon – Fri., 2nd shift
Completely and independently sets up and tends two or more Computerized Numerical Control multiple operation mill machines for the most complex jobs requiring bends, punches, roll forms, beads, cuts and welds, solders, or clinches of metal to fabricate items such as rims, molding, panels, tubing, and housings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that proper CNC program is set up and tests for accuracy.
- Sets up machine for proper operation(s) to be performed including feeds and speeds. Makes all necessary adjustments.
- Correctly establishes required tooling. Must know Fanuc controls. Complete tool lists and setup sheets.
- Process all documentation required by work processes, quality control, production scheduling, etc.
- Operates two or more work stations of mechanized line of machines operating in tandem.
- Ability to train other mill operators in methods, procedures and techniques. Standardize machining process for same part family.
- Ability to set up and run Vertical, horizontal and 5 axis milling centers.
- Organize schedule of multiple parts on two or more machines to achieve effective production.
- Standardize cutting tools for same part family.
- Maintain and track programs of multiple parts in machines to ensure effective cycle times.
- Apply and maintain Lean concepts for cell production.
Education and /or Experience:
- Two years Technical or Trade School with appropriate certification; and five years related experience and/or training; or seven years equivalent combination of job-related education and experience.
- Typically the 2nd shift hours start at either 2:30PM or 3:30PM; but the specific hours will be decided by the manager.
- We like to give the day/night employees about 30 minutes to communicate since they run the same machines.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org