Active as of April 22, 2014
CMM Operator – Inspector – Mon. – Fri., 2:30pm – 11:00pm
Operates measuring equipment to measure and compare dimensions of manufactured aerospace parts of strict tolerance.
- Reads blueprints to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications for selected parts.
- Sets up the CMM program to measure and/or compare specific sections of parts to ensure tolerances per work order specifications.
- Positions parts on measuring table of equipment, views parts on monitor screen, and turns calibrated cranks on equipment to position control bar, with attached camera, over specified sections of parts.
- Compares recorded measurements to blueprint dimensions and tolerances and notifies specified persons of discrepancies.
- Compares product with parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly
- Verifies completeness and correctness of Work Order/Travel, FAI.
- Verifies machine setups are correct before machining of parts is performed.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Should have knowledge of Manufacturing software (such as PCDMIS) and order processing systems
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
[button size=”large” color=”7″ href=”http://santaclaritavirtualjobfair.com/jobs/”]Back to Santa Clarita Jobs[/button]