Active as of May 23, 2014
This inside sales member is an integrated part of the sales team and works in partnership with field sales personnel and internal Client Management Associates (CMA) to define and secure potential revenue.
In this role, the Account Specialist fosters strong relationships with prospective leads, healthcare providers and sales representatives via defined lead lists or marketing efforts as a source of workflows to secure potential business. Accepts full ownership of all pre-sales activities initiated by field personnel, consumers and trained referral sources.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Turns calls into revenue enhancing opportunities through identification of customers’ needs and using proactive sales coordination with the external Client Team.
- Makes outbound calls to current and potential customers as instructed, promoting current marketing campaigns.
- Serves as a customer liaison, specializing in sales support for incoming referrals. The primary focus is on maximizing revenue by identifying and meeting the customer needs and building trust.
- Educates customers on available products and their use.
- Interfaces with insurance carriers, patients, and healthcare professionals in resolving conflicts and/or the completion of information needed to secure shipment of our products.
- Interfaces with patients demonstrating knowledge of healthcare regulations and system related topics.
- Promotes the generation of revenue for Client’ scope of services with all customer contacts. Uses sales skills across our business product lines to meet and exceed target revenue goals and acts as a liaison between the customer, referral, and the company.
- Generates new sales by making sales calls to aggressively seek customers, develops leads, recruits new physicians, and qualifies prospects.
- Develops relationships with customers to secure recorded information that includes, but is not limited to; customer contact details, call outcomes, sales staging, and sales potential.
- Pursues assigned sales opportunities as generated through numerous marketing channels, partnering with field personnel to achieve revenue quotas, including, but not limited to; alternative funding sources, facility referrals, print advertisements, website inquiries, phone calls and e-mails.
- Maintains current product knowledge, operation of the products, benefits of therapies, including new products or product changes, changes in the acquisition process and financial terms. Maintains the ability to fluently explain the possible benefits received by using our technologies to a non-technical audience.
- May perform other duties directed by management not outlined in this description.
- Implements strategies and may function as a team lead to accomplish objectives.
- Meets quota’s for conversion of leads to opportunities. Minimum of 4 calls within a two week period to follow-up on schedules to identify next step actions.
- Identifies delivery and/or referral issues; providing documentation regarding department issues relating to refusal of services, delivery disputes, service issues, or referral complaints.
- Documents and communicates daily, new business, referral outcomes and client requests.
- Contacts referred customers for delivery coordination within 15-20 minutes of the referral communication during business hours.
- Reviews and establishes accurate reporting for sales activity and incoming referrals.
- Researches and communicates daily issues relating to delivery or referral coordination with customer service and dispatch.
- Reports lost revenue activities, based on referrals, cancelled orders, payer or scope of business.
- Stays attentive to competitor’s product and merchandizing practices and informs Manager.
- Solid knowledge of all products sold in the market segment and recommends products for a given customer’s situation.
- Secures potential order assignments within 24 hours of receipt, by contacting customers, field representatives or providers in order to schedule evaluation for new clients.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years experience in sales/inside sales, preferably medical device.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate an enthusiastic, competitive, energetic, professional attitude.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, customer service and planning skills.
- Thorough knowledge of plan benefits and functionality of department operations.
- Solid knowledge of MS Word and Excel software.
- Previous experience and demonstrated success working in a high paced, goal driven, and results orientated environment.
- Time management skills are critical to success.
- Easily identifies reasons for problems and utilizes strong decision making skills with effective solutions.
- Strong and effective consultative selling skills using effective negotiating abilities.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com